Updated Aug. 10, 2015
- Since 1985 STRIDE Assistance for the Disabled has provided more than $289,937.79 in (cash) grants
- Grant-in-Kind through the STRIDE Wheelchairs Plus Recycling Depot – $3,348.83
STRIDE Assistance for the Disabled provides limited financial assistance to persons who would otherwise not be able to obtain medical / mobility equipment.
- Applications for funding must come from Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Social Workers and or other Professional Service Providers and must include quotes for the required equipment and other sources of funding being sought;
- All Applications submitted for funding must be COMPLETE;
- Applications are brought to our monthly Board meetings which are usually held on the 2nd Monday of the month. Following the meeting letters will be sent out to the Service Provider who submitted the application, informing them of our decision;
- Please note that applications for funding may be denied to residents residing in the City of Ottawa if we have the same equipment in stock.
- Funding is sent directly to the vender after an invoice has been received. At no time is funding sent to the client. Please note that the clients name and address on the invoice submitted by the vender must be the same as the name and address on the application.
Health Professionals can get more information or can request an application by contacting STRIDE Assistance For The Disabled at email@example.com