Please note we require our Manual Wheelchair Request Form to be completed by an Occupational Therapist
- Concept 45
- T-Fuse 20 and or 50
The following information is required from your Occupational Therapist and is required prior to booking an appointment:
- 1st and 2nd brand choice of chair;
- Seat width (cushion from side to side);
- Seat Depth (cushion from front to back);
- Seat height (floor to seat pan and floor to top of cushion);
- Type of back along with the width and height; (1st and 2nd brand choices)
- Head rest
- Type of seat and thickness; (1st and 2nd brand choices)
- Size of wheels, size of front casters;
- Type of leg rests;
- With or without calf pad;
- Type of seat belt;
Please note there is an additional fee for the following:
- Certain cushions and or backs
- Padded tray;
- Monthly, interest-free payment plans are available.
Posted Jan. 18th, 2011
Special thanks to Doug Hempstead for not only showing our situation but also showing the reality that families face when a loved one passes away. http://www.ottawasun.com/news/ottawa/2011/01/18/16936811.html#/news/ottawa/2011/01/18/pf-16936446.html
STRIDE Wheelchairs Plus is pleased to announce that they have received a $15,000 grant from the Ontario Trillium Foundation. Continue reading STRIDE Receives $15,000 From The Trillium Foundation
Updated Aug. 10, 2015
- Since 1985 STRIDE Assistance for the Disabled has provided more than $289,937.79 in (cash) grants
- Grant-in-Kind through the STRIDE Wheelchairs Plus Recycling Depot – $3,348.83
STRIDE Assistance for the Disabled provides limited financial assistance to persons who would otherwise not be able to obtain medical / mobility equipment.
- Applications for funding must come from Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Social Workers and or other Professional Service Providers and must include quotes for the required equipment and other sources of funding being sought;
- All Applications submitted for funding must be COMPLETE;
- Applications are brought to our monthly Board meetings which are usually held on the 2nd Monday of the month. Following the meeting letters will be sent out to the Service Provider who submitted the application, informing them of our decision;
- Please note that applications for funding may be denied to residents residing in the City of Ottawa if we have the same equipment in stock.
- Funding is sent directly to the vender after an invoice has been received. At no time is funding sent to the client. Please note that the clients name and address on the invoice submitted by the vender must be the same as the name and address on the application.
Health Professionals can get more information or can request an application by contacting STRIDE Assistance For The Disabled at firstname.lastname@example.org
No! All equipment is donated to STRIDE. An offical income tax receipt may be provided upon request.
Appointments are required
At STRIDE Wheelchairs Plus, all equipment is donated to us. We DO NOT buy equipment nor do we sell equipment on consignment. Official tax receipts are provided upon request.
*** NEW*** STRIDE Wheelchairs Plus provides a pick up service for donations, however due to increased vehicle expenses, we have had to implement a cost recovery fee of $10.00 to provide this service. Unfortunately, we are not able to pick up in the rural areas!
Please feel free to view the types of equipment which we accept. Please note that due to space limitations some items may have to be added to a waiting list. If we cannot take the item we maybe able to refer you elsewhere.
Mobility: Please note equipment must be in excellent condition – wheelchairs and scooters must be less than 3 yrs of age.
- Standard folding walkers (these walkers do not have seats)
- Nexus type – Indoor or Outdoor
- Manual folding wheelchairs
- Manual tilting wheelchairs (non folding)
- Scooters: 3 and 4 wheel
- Power wheelchairs
- Seats / cushions (Gel, foam, ROHO, etc)
- Wheelchair backs
- Gel pads
- Electric spring base hospital beds (single beds only)
- Pressure Relief Mattresses (foam, gel, alternating air)
- Bed helpers , side railings
- Bath seats, bath chairs
- Bath transfer benches (padded and non-padded)
- Clamp on grab bars for the bathtub (plastic / metal)
- Bath lifts (battery operated only)
- Commodes (with or without wheels)
- Raised toilet seats with handles only
- Versa Frames
- Safety Poles
- Electric Patient Lifts with slings
- Fall Mats with alarm
- Pivot Discs
- Wooden or plastic transfer boards
- Auto Lift Chairs
- Sock aids
- Incontinent pads
If you have something that is not on the list please check with us to see if we can take it.
We do not accept but we may be able to refer you:
- Pan base electric hospital beds (these beds have flat surface under the mattress)
- Regular electric beds (type seen advertised on TV)
- Ceiling track lifts
- Stair lifts / glides
- Bruno Lifts
If you would like to donate an item please send photos of the items to email@example.com